Often when a loved one is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or is suffering from dementia, you as the caregiver feel alone in your struggles. Luckily, you are not alone. At Piedmont Home Care, we specialize in Alzheimer’s and dementia care. All of our staff have received both basic and advanced training in Alzheimer’s and dementia care, and continue to attend seminars to stay up to date on the latest strategies and case scenarios.
Consistency in caregivers, having the same person come into your home at the same time every day, helps build a trusting relationship between your loved one and the caregiver. This makes it easier for the caregiver to encourage the client to attempt activities and work on living a self-sufficient lifestyle. We know that with Alzheimer’s and dementia, it is important to keep the mind and body active. With all of our clients, we believe in the healing powers of having them do any daily activity they can do safely. It may be as simple as brushing their own hair, or as complicated — and fun — as making a batch of cookies. After all, your goal is for your loved one to get the most they can out of life.
What We Provide
- A strong relationship between the caregiver and your loved one
- Stability and consistency of care
- Well-trained caregivers who participate in continuing education
- Psychological comfort for both you and your loved one
- Assistance in navigating other community resources for dementia support