Living in the comfort of your own home is something that we often take for granted. Here at Piedmont Home Care, our team of medical professionals and qualified caregivers provide the experience and care needed to help people age in place and stay in the home they love, even as aging bodies make some of the everyday tasks of living harder to accomplish. With a little assistance for things like getting to doctors’ appointments, taking medications, preparing meals, or even just providing companionship for someone with dementia or Alzheimer’s, we can help you keep your loved one at home, safe and comfortable.
Many people often overlook the benefits in-home care services such as Piedmont Home Care can bring because they feel the cost makes it out of reach. Luckily, there are ways to help make in-home care affordable.
- Long-term care insurance. We’re finding that more people are investing in long-term care insurance policies, maybe due to first-hand experience of seeing their own aging parents struggle with health care costs. Today’s long-term care policies are usually comprehensive and include benefits for at-home care for both skilled nursing and assistance with daily living.
- Life insurance options. As you age, your needs change. Life insurance is often purchased to help ease the burden on loved ones after your death, but in some cases it could be more useful if used for long-term care. One option is to sell your life insurance policy for market value and use the cash to fund a long-term benefit plan. Depending on your policy, you might also be able to surrender the policy for the entire cash value, minus any taxes owed.
- Medicare can help. For people enrolled in the original Medicare plans, there is coverage for skilled nursing care. However, Medicare does not cover caregivers providing personal care as of yet.
- Tax deductions. If you’re looking into in-home care services for a loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia you may qualify for a tax deduction, which helps ease the financial burden.
- Local avenues. Resources such as the United Way, Aging Services of Forsyth County and Senior Resources of Guilford can help you find further assistance when looking for ways to make in-home care for your loved ones more affordable.
In the effort to keep a loved one at home while staying within a tight budget, many people will assume that hiring a caregiver directly will be cheaper than working through an agency. But there are many benefits of working with an agency such as Piedmont Home Care to find qualified caregivers for your loved ones. Most importantly, when you work with our team you are assured that all of our caregivers are up to date in their training and have been carefully screen before employment. The overall safety of our clients is our top priority. We also help make things easier because we worry about paying benefits, taxes and overtime so you don’t have to.
If you’re interested in learning more about the costs associated with in-home care and how you can make it a viable option for your family, call us at Piedmont Home Care. Our staff is happy to work with you and help you find the resources you need to make life easier for you and your loved ones.
For more information on the services we provide, call 336-724-1197.